Hi All,
I have two plants of  Brassavola species both of which are not labelled. The
one plant I was given by delegates from Brazil to the 10th World Orchid
Conference in Durban in 1981 and I erroneously labelled this as Brassavola
nodosa (which as far as I now know does not occur in Brazil). The other plant
also came from a nursery in Brazil.
Both plants look similar but flower about 2-3 months appart and there are
differences in size.
Can anyone advise me how I would tell the difference between Brassavola
tuberculata and Brassavola flagellaris? I have checked in all the books in my
personal library but cannot find anything that distinguishes these two species
and I certainly cannot find good line drawings that would help me (I find
Pabst and Dungs completely unhelpful!!)
Many thanks for any help that anyone may be able to provide
Mike O'Connor
South Africa
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to