Guido, your message gives me great heart that someone other that my self ( as a mainly 
hybrid grower ) is concerned with what parents are being used to produce the seedlings 
I wish to purchase. With the time I have spent in orchids, I have seen the flowering 
of many hundreds of seedlings of many different genera. It never ceases to amaze me 
what comes out. As you stated, many plants used in breeding are not what is on the 
label ( or conveniently changed ) because of the REMAKES done by a nursery other than 
the originator, in recent times quoting " using exact same parents" and of course they 
look 'something' like the original.
In primary hybrids of any genera and subsequent breeding, one must face the fact that 
what you have is just that. To determine the exact parents may be pure chance. I still 
hold the fact that there are very few orchid growers in the world that are dishonest, 
they have just been victums of the miss use of names/varieties/forma and cannot be 
condemned. we just have to make the best of it. IE forget the RHS registrations and 
use them for what they are, a list of names.
ROY



---------------------------------
Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to