In a message dated 8/21/04 1:36:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 writes:

> Perhaps he is a woofter as well.

A quick web search confirms that "woofter" is a derogatory term for a male
homosexual. There are enough gay men on this board, and in various Orchid
organizations that people really should be a little more careful in their hurling of
epithets.

I too agree that Iris is not deserving of such bile from Mr. Easton. Her
posts are full of information, humor and charm. Using the term "woofter" insults
me, and many others; much as saying "like a Jew" to describe parsimony would
insult many (like me, as a Jew also). People need both to respect others'
differences, and think before they speak.

On an Orchidaceous note, I recently was given Spiranthes sinensis, a plant I
had long desired to have. Will this plant thrive in conditions suitable for
Spiranthes odorata? Specifically, will it handle wet winters?

Thanks,
Dennis Westler