Hi Eric -- Can  you let us know which gardens?  I cannot imagine what kind
of enforcement they can impose.  Check your camera at the gate?  

There are so many people with cameras -- isn't that part of the enjoyment of
going to a garden?  You can take a memory with you.  

Li'l frog

Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:26 AM
To: OrchidGuide Digest
Subject: [OGD] Not allowing photography at Botanical Gardens

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why major public botanical
gardens have started imposing no-photo rules? I have run across at least
three, in all areas of the country, of very large stature, that have
no-photo rules of varying degrees. 

Or is this an effort to start running Botanical Gardens more like a private
enterprise, which as we all know, tend to operate on a vastly different set
of access rules and licensing of content (the plants) rules than a
traditional publicly supported garden.

Or am I just being too sensitive?

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to