I have a dozen or so plants, also have seen lot of them in the wild. Some plants are indeed subjected to intense drying in spring, nevertheless the majority have morning moisture and ocasional rain in winter/spring. They grow with Oncidium reichenheimii, epidendrum parkinsonianum, etc. In cultivation some of them are reluctant to flower until strong leads are formed. Never have problems with bud blasting, but I accept that my RH at that time of the year is below 40% (Mexico City). I water them two times a week in spring, but they usually dry by noon. Summer and autum they are exposed to rain. All are mounted.
Hope this helps
Jorge Melendez
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:42:51 -0700
From: Peter Tobias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OGD] Re: Cuitlazinia pendula
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
MIME-Version: 1.0
Precedence: list
Reply-To: "the OrchidGuide Digest \(OGD\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Message: 11

C. pendula in my backyard (coastal southern CA) gets regular watering all
year round and blooms dependably every year. Where I have seen it in
Mexico, there does seem to be a dryer season early in the year, say for 2-3
months before easter, but totally dry is not the case. The wild plants do
get somewhat dehydrated. However, while this may be something the plants
can tolerate, I see no reason to think it is what they prefer.

Peter S. Tobias
Encinitas, CA
------------------------------

_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids


End of Orchids Digest, Vol 6, Issue 421 ***************************************

_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to