Hello everyone,
  I was just checking the website of Dowery Orchids of Virginia, USA and the
owner Dwayne Lowder has a situation that he posted on his Fall Sales list. I
am cross-posting it here in hopes that someone may have a solution to this
dilemma. Thanks for your help. Replies can be posted to here and/or directly
to Dwayne at      [EMAIL PROTECTED]          .

thanks,
charles
-----------------
>ALERT!

>NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL AND HOBBY GROWERS WHO IMPORT
>ORCHID SPECIES FROM THAILAND

I have encountered a problem with one orchid exporter from Thailand.  That
problem appears somewhat difficult to resolve. The organization is: EURO
GREEN ASIA, INC. and the contact person is Mr. George Hampel.  I am
outlining the following calendar of e-mails, which should clearly state the
conditions of the problem.

6/20/04 - I discovered web page and placed a modest order for species.
There was difficulty with the availability of one species and with the total
price.  (The next day, I was able to complete an order form satisfactorily.)

 6/23/04 - I received a Proforma Invoice, with full details for transferring
funds to Thai Bank (and a promise of 15 extra free plants and no charges for
documentation).  Mr. Hampel wrote: 3The shipment will leave 14 days after we
received payment.2

6/24/04 - Further information needed for funds transfer.

6/25/04 - An e-mail note from Mr. Hampel with thanks for the completed money
transfer.

6/29/04 - Further questions about bank from which money transfer was made.
The question was quickly resolved.

8/3/04 - I received an e-mail note of apology for the delay in shipping.
Reason: personal health problems.  Also, Mr.          Hampel gave a promise
that shipment would be made the next week - and a further promise of
additional free plants.

9-1-04 - I e-mailed Mr. Hampel a notice of my intention to present the above
informationas the lead item on my web site.  The item would appear just as
it is presented here.

9-1-04 - I received e-mail from Mr. Hampel stating 3Your shipment will
arrive in the States before September 20, 20042.

NO FURTHER CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE BY MR. HAMPEL

On the following dates I e-mailed Euro-Green concerning the shipment:

6/21/04 - Placed order via e-mail

6/23/04 - Thanks for Pro-forma Invoice.

6/25/04 - Suggested substitution for species not available.

6/30/04 - Clarification of information about wire transfer

 7/1/04 - Further (and final) clarification regarding wire transfer.

 7/18/04 - Request for shipping date.  GOT NO ANSWER!

 8/3/04 - I e-mailed a formal statement concerning my order.

 8/4/04 - After receiving the e-mail of 8/3/04, I wrote expressing sympathy
for Mr. Hampel9s illness.  Expressed a desire to receive plants and
suggested a day for shipping (Friday instead of Monday).

THE FINAL E-MAIL CONTACT WITH MR. HAMPEL OCCURRED ON 9-1-04, WITH HIS
STATEMENT THAT MY ORDER WOULD ARRIVE IN THE STATES BEFORE SEPTEMBER 20,
2004.

AS OF THIS DATE THE SHIPMENT HAS NOT ARRIVED!

>FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE AND I WOULD
APPRECIATE
HAVING THIS ISSUE DISCUSSED IN VARIOUS CHAT ROOMS.

>THANKS, DWAYNE LOWDER
--
Charles Ufford
Calen the Border Collie   CGC - now in Heaven
Oriskany, NY USA
IPA, Central NY and Southern Tier Orchid Societies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.paphiopedilum.net
Http://www.geocities.com/charlesufford
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to