I will not dwell on politics here.....but Peter O'Byrne is one of the most
knowledgeable people on this list in regard to southeast
Asian/Malaysian/Indonesian orchids. Unfortunately, a lot of people get
distracted by his politics...But lets be fair here! Peter has greatly
modified his political comments recently and deserves to be given a
break...he is entitled to his opinions, as we all are, but he has realized
that it is best to stick to orchids here...and his orchid comments benefit
all on the list. Its time to get past Peter's unfortunate comments
post-9/11...(which I believe were misinterpreted by many..but that's water
under the bridge....) We are a diverse lot...I love the international makeup
of this list...some of us are more crotchety than others...but there is a
tremendous amount of knowledge on this list, and a tremendous amount of
perspective to be gained by those, like myself, located in one city in one
country. Too often we let personalities get in the way of information...I
still miss Guido on this list (who may still return) and Joe Arditti (who
probably won't)....their disagreements and animosity  couldn't detract from
the information they shared...and it doesn't help anyone to resurrect old
offenses when things are going well....and people are learning...I know I
have learned a lot from Peter...and Guido, and Joe.....and everybody else on
this list, all of whom I thank for participating! Take care, Eric Muehlbauer
in painfully frigid Queens NY...sukhakulii, James Bacon, and delanatii
opening up......


_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to