[EMAIL PROTECTED] spaketh thusly in an attempt to answer questions and stop people from wasting their time wading through all this other stuff:
> When you can find the time, please try and obtain a copy > of the following article : > F.R.Stermitz, T.R.Suess, C.K.Schauer, O.P.Anderson, and > R.A.Bye, Jr.,"New and Old Phenanthrene Derivatives from > Oncidium cebolleta, A. Peyote-Replacement Plant", > J. Nat. Prod., 46, 417-423 (1983). I just downloaded the .pdf through the university. Interestingly, Frank Stermitz is apparently still at Colorado State. They did Soxhlet extraction with hexane, chloroform, and methanol. Additional purification and extraction was followed bt TLC, purified by PLC, and analyzed by NMR and XRD. A couple of new compounds were discovered. Additional extraction and purification, followed by double-blind oral administration in several random graduate students, resulting in reports of feeling "really trippy, man" (n=1, p=0.990). Now I'll just sit back and wait for the feds to crash my lab, as I have several thousand plants growing in vitro right now. Ah, the good old days of TLC, when chemists did extraction and detection by banging rocks together. -AJHicks Chandler, AZ _______________________________________________ the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD) [email protected] http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

