Hi everyone,
I received this email inquiry from a student in Singapore about the
possibility of multi-petaled orchids. My botany skills are not strong enough
to compose a cogent and informed reply, so I am hoping someone out in OGD
land would be willing to assist this student.
The student's name and email address are at the end.
Thanks!
-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org
Forwarded message:
Dear Sir/Madam
I am impressed and is very facinated by your website
about orchids. I am currently studying in the National Institute of
Education (Singapore). I have a question and would really appreciate if you
could help me answer it in detail because I need it for my Genetics report.
My question: As we all know, there are multi-petals flowers everywhere e.g
rose. They exist either in wild type or through mutations. However, to date,
we cannot find any multi-petal orchids. Why orchids cannot have
multi-petals? Is it possible to clone a multi-petal orchids?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Doreen Sin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.0 - Release Date: 3/21/2005
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com