Hi,

If anyone among you has purchased legal Phragmipedium kovachii flasks from Peru, please
send  a current picture of YOUR Pk flasks, or YOUR de-flasked  Pk seedlings, to my private
e-mail address, [EMAIL PROTECTED] I will share them in private e-mails with anyone
who requests them from me.

{There is a reluctance on the part of those in the USA  who did purchase such Pk flasks,
to show me what they purchased.One can only imagine their reasons.}

Before you send US$ 1060.- for 50-60 Pk seedlings, plus $ 160.- for unnecessary
CITES documents, you better make certain you know  what you  are getting for your
money.

Unnecessary CITES Documents is correct.
The Peru INRENA CITES official, Ing. Antonio  Morizaki Taura, who's signature appears on the
unnecessary CITES export  documents for Phragmipedium kovachii flasks, seems not only
unaware of  the current CITES rules, he also appears to be totally ignorant of how CITES works.
Fact is that not one single  CITES member Country determines on its own which species require
CITES and which ones do not; let alone implement such ill conceived notions.

CITES has made it abundantly clear that at present there is not one single flasked orchid species,
regardless in which Appendix it is listed, that requires CITES documents. Here is what you will find
in CITES document Appendices I, II, and III:

ORCHIDACEAE spp.:

(For all of the following Appendix-I species, seedling or tissue cultures obtained in vitro,
in solid or liquid media, transported in sterile containers are not subject to the provisions

of the Convention)

Aerangis ellisii; Dendrobium cruentum; Laelia jongheana; Laelia lobata; peristeria elata;

Renanthera imshootiana; Pahiopedilum spp.; Phragmipedium spp.

See:   http://www.cites.org/eng/app/appendices.shtml  Scroll down to Orchidaceae spp in App I.