Jim Miller said: "The video was shot in high definition, and though
there is no HD delivery format right now for consumers".

Sorry Jim, but you're a wee bit out-of-date. I can buy the Toshiba
HD-DVD player in virtually any electronics store in town, and while
I'm at it I can buy a number of movies on HD-DVD to put into the
machine. Of course, I need an HDTV to watch it on, but these are also
available, as long as one has enough of the rough 'n ready.

If I was one of the lucky ones, I could have sat at home and watched
the World Cup in HDTV... apparently the sweat-spray from Zizou's
chrome-dome during his head-butt was quite spectacular when viewed in
high definition  ... but I missed it. My cable hasn't yet been
upgraded for HDTV, and anyway I'm far too mean to fork out for the
1234-inch plasma-organic-quantum-whatsit screen with the
continuously-variable-interactive-fuzzy-logic surround-rimlighting
that true afficionados say is a requisite part of the HDTV experience.

However, if Zidane had headbutted Andy Easton in front of an audience
of billions, I'd have been sorely tempted.

Oh, maybe not. Andy just ain't worth it.

Cheers,

Peter O'Byrne
In partly-HDTV-cabled Singapore