Jay Norris asks about getting Thelymitra pauciflora out of flask. 

I have actually done this and had the plants grow to flowering and 
survive for a couple of years, until they were mowed down by mice.   
Warning: mice seem to love Australian terrestrial tubers.  I unflasked 
when they were dormant.  I put the teeny little tuberettes into one of 
the grittier mixtures suggested  in the ANOS publication  "Cultivation 
of Australian Native Orchids"  and sprinkled some water on the pots 
occasionally until they came up again, at which point I began to water 
freely.  I had some compots that I kept moist, as one traditionally 
would do with unflasked seedlings, and they did not survive.  Of the 
others, perhaps 50% made it to flowering--I was surprised the percentage 
was that high.

 May yours survive and be every bit as attractive as I thought mine were 
(but not to mice, no, you don't want to attract them).   If a lot 
survive, do share! 

--Lisa Thoerle, pleurothallidiot



_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to