Peter O'Byrne's flat-out statement > Anybody outside Vietnam who has
purchased a Vietnamese-origin orchid in the last 15-20 years has broken
the law. < is wrong.

AnTec Labs in Candor, NY has registered a number of Paph. vietnamense to
make those particular plants legal. The flasks they issued for sale of
sibling crosses of Paph. vietnamense and Ho Chi Minh are legal. I
personally have bred with some of the vietnamense seedlings that bloomed
in seed flats (one produced the grex Paph. Wossner Vietnam Wings that we
are selling legally) and I have been breeding with several of the Ho Chi
Minh that have bloomed out (even though they are really reluctant
breeders). One of the Ho Chi Minh that we sold fairly recently in bud
received a FCC/AOS in Florida. I have kept all the clonal names of the
AnTec plants involved printed on our pot labels and suggest to our
customers that they do the same. For example, the Wossner Vietnam Wings
label will have the grex name printed and in smaller font I have =
{moquettianum 'Pine Ridge' X vietnamense (='1814A' X '1815A')} which is
the clonal name of the plant that bloomed out of the AnTec flask. If
requested, I print out the AnTec receipt, the FedEx shipment invoices,
and our checks involved with the transaction for our customer - that
qualifies the chain of custody for the plant I am selling.

So, for Peter to state categorically that every orchid that ever
originated in Vietnam is illegal is wrong --- at least in this case.

 

Terry A. Glancy

Pine Ridge Orchids, Inc.

21100 SW 300 Street

Homestead, FL 33030

 

ph (305) 247-4839

    (305) 247-3086

fx (305) 247-8853

Email = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

cc Email = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Website = http://www.PineRidgeOrchids.com 

 

_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to