Hi all,
 I am intrigued by the various spellings provided by various lists on the genus
Aerides. Is A multiflora [Kew] or multiflorum [w3tropicos] correct. This same
problem seems to be out there in many books as well. Hooker, Holttum, Hawkes
has it as multiflorum, Pridgeon, Seidenfadden, Comber multiflora. Was it
unclear in the past that Aerides was a feminine name and therefore newer tomes
have it feminine, older masculine? Seems to me that Latin is a fairly stagnant
language so why the unclarity? I would suspect that the feminine is correct
only because it is the more modern usage, but I want to be sure. I am working
on a lot of little glitches and mistakes within IOSPE. The mistakes are being
pointed out by some of the OGD readers so hats off to you all for the help!
Jay Pfahl
www.orchidspecies.com
8695 species in 720 genera