Jim,

Did you do an internet search for seedling care? I have found lots of information out there on caring for seedlings. The best I know of is at, http://ladyslipper.com/compot2.html, Bob & Lynn Wellenstein put together a great reference on caring for seedlings. I handle all of my flasks this way and I have lost very few plants. In terms of fertilization, you will find lots of opinions, I start my plants out with two weeks of very high humidity in a humidity tent and no direct watering, then I start watering with a very dilute fertilizer and water continuously after that with it. In my conditions I usually use a fungicide solution on the plants when I first deflask them and then I only use it if I see a problem. I leave my seedlings in flats or community pots for over a year to let them get well established, then I move them on to pots. The small seedlings seem to grow better under my conditions if they are in a community pot, I used to follow some advice I got years ago potting the seedlings into community pots for a few months and then moving them into pots. I lost a lot more seedlings then than I do now keeping them into community pots until they are ready move on into a two inch or larger pot.

Tom
| Tom Hillson                         Orchid Grower Specializing
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]            In Paphs and Pleurothallids
| http://www.orchids.iastate.edu
|"There is always room for one more Orchid!!"