The bulk of my Cycnoches and Mormodes don't start blooming until right about
now. Some Catasetums have started but others will come on later. Granted, I
live considerably further south that you do so our norms are different. Even
so, they finish blooming and go dormant by Christmas. This stated, I can
have any of these decide to put out a stem just about any time except
Jan-April. Early is fine, later makes you wonder. Just last year I had a Cyc
Jean E Monnier decide to bloom for a third time but that third time was
early in Dec when they usually go dormant. As long as it was blooming and
held leaves I kept watering and treating it normally. It finally did decide
to go dormant but it wasn't until mid January. It's been blooming normally
this year but I'll have to see if it wants to do a December thing again. I'd
say go with what the plant wants to do. If it wants to bloom, let it do so.
It will sleep when it gets tired.
Gary