November 8 and 9, 2008
Phoenix (480) 948-0714 (contact number)

 www.orchidsocietyaz.org (Our show flyer is located on our Events page.)

 The Orchid Society of Arizona presents its annual orchid show at the
Encanto Park Clubhouse, 2605 N. 15th Ave., Phoenix. "Orchids for All
Seasons", the theme of this year's show, features blooming display plants
showcased in imaginative vignettes; an educational display; entertainment;
raffles; free orchid culture information; sales of plants and orchid-related
items; and refreshments. Hours Saturday: 9 AM - 5 PM; Sunday 9 AM - 3 PM.
Free admission to this fun, family event!

Following the show, various items used in our vignettes will be donated to a
local crisis center.

NOTE: This is NOT a judged show.

As a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, OSA's annual show is one of our
major fund-raisers for our community service agenda. As of October 6, 2008,
OSA has introduced over 3375 Arizona students to orchids and conservation.
Our volunteer program team travels to schools throughout Arizona. We have
presented free hands-on repotting programs at schools as far north as Joseph
City, as far southwest as Yuma, and as far northwest as Kingman.

Also, for the past 10 years, we have presented hands-on repotting programs
for children and adults who attend the Morongo Basin Orchid Festival, held
each year during the first weekend in October at Gubler Orchids, Landers,
CA.

This year, we've added a new feature to our show: for the first 50 adults
who attend our show and bring their son or daughter, the child will receive
a FREE Phalaenopsis orchid seedling and instructions on how to grow his or
her plant. The child must be present in order to receive a free seedling.

Wilella Stimmell
OSA Community Service Program Coordinator