https://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/29/square-dancing-aging-health-csu/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/well/walk-stretch-or-dance-dancing-may-be-best-for-the-brain.html?smid=fb-share

On Mar 8, 2018, at 8:33 AM, Emily Addison via Organizers
<organizers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

Hi fellow shared weight organizers :)

I hope you're doing pretty well.  It's snowing here in Ottawa but the red-wing
blackbirds showed up in our yard this morning for the first time so spring is
pushing through!

I was wondering if any of you have resources that provide information on
benefits of contra dance (or trad social dance generally). This could be as
simple as your list of benefits, it could be newspaper articles, videos,
scientific studies... or other!

Why?  It's interesting generally I thought we might all enjoy as tools for
advocacy.  However, the question initially came up for me as I am working on
letter to our Finance Minister in Canada about some issues around non-profit
taxing ($50,000 income we have to charge tax.... ugh... it's turned out to be
quite difficult for our organizer which is all voolunteer run and already cash
strapped.)  Anyway --- would love to hear your ideas!!! :) :) :)

I've also posted this question on the FB Organizers of contra dance group.  So
if you're on both, you'll likely see it there too.

Thanks so much!
Emily Addison in Ottawa