Thanks everyone. It is always reaffirming to realize others are dealing
with the same thoughts and issues.

I will work on being more responsive to things going forward. I’m not
always the best informed person however I certainly have opinions from my
14 years of organizational tasks and challenges

:-)

Darlene

On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 11:33 AM Mary Collins via Organizers <
organizers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

> Oh! Darlene! Sorry.
>
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2023, 9:11 AM Chrissy Fowler via Organizers <
> organizers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear organizers,
>>
>> On a slightly different topic, when I read Darlene's post, I nodded my
>> head at this:
>> *I seldom chime in on things, though I lurk in the background, due to
>> people going on the defense or sometimes attacking. I am only posting so
>> you have some information on what we are doing here in our part of the
>> world. *
>>
>> This has been true for me lately. (But Darlene's willingness to share
>> emboldened me to share data from our dance series. Thanks Darlene!)
>>
>> I hope that this list can be a place where divergent experiences are
>> shared, and where those varied perspectives are received respectfully,
>> knowing they're offered with the intent of helping others in their
>> organizing work.
>>
>> When I have questions or seek clarification or want to challenge that
>> perspective, I know that I can either pursue those conversations off list
>> (1:1 email, phone call or in person) or I can respond on the list with
>> careful kindness and respect, hoping that the other person will respond in
>> kind.
>>
>> When a listserv devolves into attacking or defensiveness, then the list
>> members are effectively silencing people like Darlene. Which is a loss for
>> all of us.
>>
>> But when many voices are heard, I learn new things, have my assumptions
>> challenged, and get nudged into more complex thinking. And I can return to
>> my community with fresh ideas.
>>
>> Which is the point of this listserv :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chrissy
>>
>> <><><><><><>
>> chrissyfowler.com <http://www.chrissyfowler.com> dance leadership
>> belfastflyingshoes.org <http://www.belfastflyingshoes.org> participatory
>> dance & music

Darlene Hamilton

*Caller, Dancer, Founder of*
*The Historical Tea & Dance Society*
*Historical Balls, Tea Dances, and Historical Dance classes*
*For more information about events and classes go
to**www.historicalteaanddance.org
<http://www.historicalteaanddance.org/>*

*Like us on facebook!*