I didn't say it should be used as a solution for multitenancy.
I am just saying it can be used the same way as Tinkerpop's PartitionGraph.

The thing is, one shouldn't partition any GRAPH database, because it's
basically impossible from the nature of graph (well it's possible but one
woudn't really benefit from that).
We use graph to represent very coherent data  with complicated relations.
We assume that all data in graph are (or can be at some point) related and
can be effectively queried based on those relations.
This assumption makes any partitioning problematic, because we can't
predict how many partition will need to be involved in query (potentially
all of them).
Sure we can identify some subgraphs with higher cohesion than other parts
of graph, but any time we would place that subgraph in separate partition,
we would make queries involving more of those subgraphs a lot less
effective.
Adding parititon could enchance performance in one place, but it will
horribly affect performance in other places.
That might be bareble to some extend and for those situations there are
clusters/PartitionGraph.

It might happend that adding a partition, actually woudn't hurt a
performance in any place, but that would imply that our data are incoherent
and it's pointless to place those data in the same graph or use graph db
whatsoever.