Hello,

This question was asked in 2013, and Luca's reply was as follows:

On Monday, May 20, 2013 at 6:20:24 PM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:If you remove a
> document is your responsibility to clean all the references.

Does this answer still hold? If yes, how can I find all the references to a
class that is about to be deleted? (or what is the recommended way of
otherwise dealing with this issue?)

I am using 2.1.2 (trying it out) and I was quite amazed to find that the
database allowed me to drop the referenced class and kept the RID of the
referenced object (dangling pointer, basically).

The scary thing was that once I created (and populated) another class, the
cluster id was reused, and the RID happily pointed to a new, entirely
unrelated object.

Thanks!
Dmitri