>>> so the short answer is YES for insert/delete of elements in the linklist,
>>> but NO for the update of the internal status of linked objects (eg. if you
>>> change a comment's text)
>>>

>> I suppose it would be difficult to track changes on comment updates, as
>> there are no links from comments to posts. What if using a Graph model,
>> with edges (regular or lightweight) connecting posts to comments -- in that
>> case, presumably it would be easier to register changes on any connected
>> posts, no? Would that currently work, or is it something that might be
>> added in the future?
>>

> That's right, using edges you can do the live query on the comment and
> then fetch the post navigating the edge backwards. It already works.

Got it. That's good to know. I was actually thinking of going in the
opposite direction, though. So, you have a live query on posts, with
bidirectional edges to comments. When a comment is changed, it would
somehow trigger a "change" event on the linked post, and the live query on
posts would therefore register a change. In RethinkDB, this would be
equivalent to a changefeed on a join (which RethinkDB does not actually yet
support, though it is/was planned sometime in the next release or two).

Anthony