There seem to be mistakes on that linked page - that was what I was
originally following. Assuming OrientDB 2.2, rexster 2.5.0 does not seem to
work, 2.6.0 does.

There is a typo

should be more like

With the above changes I got my plug-in/graph working.

One pain point for us was that you are not allowed periods (.) in property
names. Another is that there is no regex query in the Gremlin API. This was
something we used from Titan and non standard. We will probably be able to
query OrientDB directly for some of our cases, but some are in the middle
of a pipeline and that will be harder.

'And a bonus question, what is the status of Tinkerpop3?'

This seems to have gone very quiet. Some say it should have been out last
December, but it wasn't.

For more options, visit