I need to *very quickly* find the edges that directly connect two specified
vertices, using either a SQL query, the Java API, or a combination of the
two. If it helps, at this point in the program, I know for a fact that the
two vertices are adjacent. What I'm trying to determine is *how* they are
adjacent.

The OrientVertex.getEdges(OrientVertex, Direction, String ...) extension to
the Blueprints API does what I need to do functionally, but it can be quite
slow if the first vertex has many edges. Looking into the source code, I
found that this is because this method essentially gets *all* of the edges
from the first vertex that match the direction and label criteria and then
checks if they are adjacent (connect to) the second vertex.

I have struggled with this for days. Does anyone have a better/faster
approach?

Thanks!

-- John