________________________________
 From: Diana Lee <boostdi...@yahoo.com>

does anyone know the mathematical name for the origami structure often called
"Spinner".  See first image of this page:

http://freespace.virgin.net/dave.mitchell/2partdesigns.htm

I thought it was a skeletal octahedron, however it doesn't have the central
divider so... could it be a sunken square bipyramid?  That's probably just as
bad. Any ideas?

 Florence Temko called it an Executive Toy in her book, Paper Pandas and
Jumping Frog.  And when made from a dollar bill, it is Annie's Spinner (not her
two color spinner)

What Central Divider do you mean?  what am I missing?  I would, and do, call it
a skeletal octahedron.

Kathy Knapp,
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Do well your part today. - Juliette Gordon Low