Yoshisawa is not forgotten and is still be folded. His butterfly is one of the
models that I often see taught in early lessons. The diagrams are in FOCA's set
of diagrams called first steps - not a box but a series of diagrams used as
hand outs -many, many... years ago. Who can forget the Google doodle a few
years back on Yoshizawa's Pi Day Birthday - designed by Robert Lang - and later
used as the T shirt for the OUSA Convention.

Yamaguchi always has a model in the front each origami Tantedain magazine. He
has been showing up at the OUSA conventions consistently for many years. He
always brings a number of young(ish) folders. He helped master mind the Origami
section of TV Champions. He is not truly forgotten and unfolded.

Toshie Takahama is mostly forgot - except for the misnomer: Toshie's Jewel
created by Snobe... She had a number of books. Lillian and Alice Grey would
teach her models frequently at Lillian's Origami Monday meetings.

One of the first origami books that I had was All About Origami by Isao Honda.
It was later republished as the World of Origami - after deleting the most
interesting parts folds from equilateral triangles and diamonds. I later
learned that he had a series of small origami books that appear to me to have
been incorporated into the All About or World of...

I have liked Lewis Simon and Bob Neale's work. They are not talked about much.
I think that Lewis Simon's Angel is the best. Bob Neale had designed a 30 piece
Dodecahedron - each piece was only 7 steps. Lewis designed a 12 piece cube that
had some similarities to the Dodecahedron. I learned it from Lillian or Verdi
first. I first saw the diagrams in one of Toshie Takahama's books.

Louise Cooper, who I believed died recently, was a very prolific creative
folder. She worked with the West Coast Origami Guild and the early days of
FOCA. I seem to remember Michael Sander saying that he favored her Angel.

George Jarschauer designed a paper airplane with a variation Boomerang Plane. I
have only seen his name credit in to places: The original plane is credited to
him in Stephen Weiss's Wings and Things as the Blackboard Bomber; and The
Boomerang Plane is credited in diagrams drawn by Alice Grey as part of FOCA's
First Step Collection. I am assuming that they were in the early NYC Origami
Scene and would not credit the model without direct knowledge.

I have seen the Blackboard Bomber described in a number of ways. My favorite
title was the NOA's Plane with Navel - when I teach  it to kids I tell them two
names Blackboard Bomber and Plane with a Bellybutton. I instruct the kids to
hold it by the bellybutton when throw it. I generally get a good laugh or a
hearty grin at that. I believe that this is the same plane that held the
Guinness Time aloft flight that I saw at a Hanger in York at the BOS 30th
convention.

Trying to list all of the forgotten and unfolded creative folders seems to be
an impossible task. These are just a few off  the top of my head.