On 4/13/14, Anne LaVin <anne.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not certain why (fallout from the Heartbleed bug? something else?) but
> the last two O-list messages, which were both from Yahoo users, caused
> a tremendous number of bounces when the server tried to deliver them.

Thanks to some feedback from our technically-minded fellow list
members (thanks, folks! I'm traveling at the moment, and haven't had
time to research this) who'd already heard about this issue, we now
know what's going on, here.

The technical details are probably not of interest to the whole list,
but the bottom line is that Yahoo recently made a change to their
email security settings which is causing not just problems with our
little list but basically ANY mailing list with Yahoo members who send
messages to the list.

I don't know if they're going to rescind this change, but in the
meantime, Yahoo members, please: do not post to the O-list.  If you
do, your message will fail to get delivered to almost all major ISPs,
and make lots of extra work for your list admins.

Anyone who wants to change to a sensible ISP, let me know, and we'll
immediately de-moderate your account at your new ISP as an incentive.

Thanks, and sorry for the difficulties!  Do consider going and folding
something instead of sending email.  (Though we'd love to hear about
it, if you're not sending from a yahoo.com address...)

Anne