On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Anne LaVin <anne.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/14, Anne LaVin <anne.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not certain why (fallout from the Heartbleed bug? something else?) but
> > the last two O-list messages, which were both from Yahoo users, caused
> > a tremendous number of bounces when the server tried to deliver them.

Just to add on to this - Anne has been very patient with an issue I had
with my Yahoo account getting hacked, resulting in my address book (with
the O-list email address) being stolen. Also, my account sent Spam to
everyone on that list, including the O-List.

Even after I canceled the Yahoo account, the O-List continued to receive
mail "from" that Yahoo address. Except closer inspection showed that though
the email appeared to come "from" the Yahoo account, it was actually being
forged (faked) and coming from somewhere else.

The bottom line was - a Yahoo account I closed looked like it was spamming
the O-List, but the mail was being faked.

Yahoo has had a few security breaches, so your account may be unknowingly
sending out mail, or appearing to do so when yo've closed it or changed
your password.  Best advice is to cancel that account.

Anne can share with you how she handled the messages from the account and
flagged them as Spam. That might be helpful for your friends who receive
messages that look like yours.

Is this the swan song for email lists?