On 28/12/14 09.55, Anna wrote:
Jorge E. Jaramillo asked how to make a traditional frog jump.

At minute 3:48 of this video http://youtu.be/rc9lVHvfzMY you see how to
press the back of an Origami frog to make it jump.

That is also one of my favorites, together with the business card frog (in one of its many variations) as that is the best use I've found of mine. Maybe "press the back" should be interpreted as "press the back end". What do our English speaking friends say?
Anyway, I agree with Tavin's demonstration and Jorge's statement.
I usually explain to press or flick quickly down at the back edge or end of the frog.
See my old photo-sequence of the jumping frog:
http://papirfoldning.dk/diagrammer/diagrammer.html?page=froe03b&lang=en
Jorge wrote:
pressing the "lower step" makes it work fine
I'm sure I have to press the "upper step", that is the behind-most edge of the back, not the "lower edge" as in nearest to the ground, as illustrated in my photo. But maybe I just misunderstand the reference made here.

Happy jumping,
    Hans

Hans Dybkjær
papirfoldning.dk