Thus spake "Gerardo @neorigami.com" <gera...@neorigami.com> on 8/14/15
11:22 AM:

><snip> I know it's hard no to turn this into a
>legal discussion about copyright, but I'm really interested in not
>discussing about that. OK guys? I'll insist in that it isn't protected by
>copyright here in my country and that I do know this for a fact. Yet I'm
>not asking about this at all. I'm just asking if it would be OK for the
>institute to do that or if it wouldn't from your perspective; ignoring
>completely the perspective of law.

Whatever copyright law may or may not allow, it is usually possible to
grant more rights or give away rights via contract law(*). So if you
create an agreement with this company in which in exchange for you
providing your design, they agree that they will only use it for the
purposes spelled out in the agreement, they will be bound by that contract.

So, if you only want them to use it for a fixed time, spell that out in
the contract. Or, to make your situation a little stronger, spell out the
usage fees they would have to pay if they used it subsequently to the
initial period.

HTH,

Robert

(*) I am not a lawyer, but I occasionally talk to them.