On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:36 PM, Gerardo @neorigami.com <
gera...@neorigami.com> wrote:

Picture:

> https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11202432_1220827621266547_5667155093725290740_n.jpg?oh=29e505080b9cc7dd45e60e6a29f257e7&oe=57FF0F3F
>
> Crease pattern:
>
> https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13592388_1373059476043360_3474699899956170312_n.jpg?oh=4704581a20b2dfc8fb6f61be1e57791f&oe=58072F05

Most of the frames I saw or designed are 3D like. 2D versions usually are
made to cover or hold only 4 corners . Can you tell us more about your
locking/folding sequence?

I did try reproducing your frame from crease pattern yesterday. I do have
some suggestions. Can you extend your method to any rectangle? Document and
compare all possible mechanisms of corner locking. I did come up with one
good secured variation with different crease pattern.

Your 2D design also reminds me of my old unpublished work- Windowed
Envelope. My goal was to fold any customized envelope containing a window
from single rectangle. You can see plenty of those commercial windowed
envelopes daily. My finished design is just like a frame with an off-center
window. My locking is OK for hand delivery but might not be secured enough
for general mailing. I think I will have another attempt later to improve
the lock - perhaps "Unopenable Windowed Envelope"?

I can post some pictures later. Good luck on your findings or folding.

Sy Chen