Both Robert Lang and KDianne Stephens have answered my last message. Robert
Lang manifested it's a subjective question so whether "my contributions to
this artwork display significant creativity and novelty" or not would
depend. Dianne invited to review some legal cases related to derivative
works. Thank you both for your answers : )

Related to this conversation I wanted to ask through the list: do any of
you know any model that is made by folding one of the traditional bases and
following just one step after that? I'd love to know.

That's pretty much my case, I fold a traditional base and I add one step
after that.

Thank you guys for all your help!