I spotted this on Jerry Morris's Biblio-connecting blog
http://biblio-connecting.blogspot.com/2017/11/welcome-
to-biblio-connecting-nov-2017.html . It sounds fascinating! If any Michigan
paperfolder goes, I'd love a report.

http://archives.albion.edu/schleg-lecture
19th Annual Marilyn Crandell Schleg Memorial Lecture

> Hanji: The Legacy and Future of Korean Papermaking
> Presented by Aimee Lee, Artist, Author, Hanji Maker and Researcher
> Tuesday, November 7, 2017 | 7 P.M. | Bobbitt Visual Arts Auditorium |
> Albion College, Albion Michigan
> Reception to follow lecture
> Until recently, Korean paper (known as hanji) was rarely studied,
> especially outside of its home country. This talk will review points along
> the long history of Korean papermaking, nearly two millennia long, and the
> culture that it shaped. The botanical perspective begins with the paper
> mulberry tree, which makes durable and versatile paper. An historical
> overview will trace paper's route from China to Korea and how it developed
> as Buddhism spread through East Asia, as well as its role in the USA.
> Images and videos, accompanied by samples of hanji and paper
> artwork—including paper made from plants harvested at Albion—will
> illuminate the technical details of this ancient but still valuable
> craft....

Karen
Karen Reeds, co-ringleader,
Princeton Public Library Origami Group
Affiliate of Origami USA, http://origamiusa.org/
We usually meet 2nd Wednesday of the month, 6:30-8pm, First Floor, Quiet
Room. Free!
We provide paper! All welcome! (Kids under 8, please bring a grown-up.)
Princeton Public Library info:  609.924.9529
https://princetonlibrary.org/

Celebrating 11 years of paperfolding in Princeton!
Our next meeting:  Wednesday, November 8, 2017