>I'm lost regarding this particular situation because it's somewhat related to,
>but simultaneously different from, teaching an authored >model to someone else
>for hire without the creator's authorization. That is NOT OK:
>See here: https://origamiusa.org/faq/copyright-0#t67n172

The referenced article is OUSA policy. Teaching/Educational use vs. for profit
commercial use, is considered "fair use" under US copyright law. The payment
referenced is for teaching skills and not related to the diagram itself, which
was purchased, so a non-issue. Maybe this will be of interest relating to fair
use in US copyright law https://www.baylor.edu/copyright/index.php?id=56543 .
For more information on copyright law
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-912-introduction-to-copyright-law-january-iap-2006/

ORIFUN to all.