Jorge had asked on April 22 about a design issue he believed he read in
Robert Lang's "Origami Design Secrets" that resulted in more models having
an open back.

I'm not sure what you mean by open back. I browsed the term and found it
used regarding both animals and tessellations. Does it refer to the same
thing in both cases? I think I get what it means in relation to animals.
This traditional penguin must be an example:
http://www.origami-make.org/traditional-origami-penguin.php

I don't see how can that also be the case in regards to tessellations =S

Is the penguins open back what you meant with your question? Can you please
explain to me the concept?

Thanks in advance Jorge.

Gerardo
gerardo(a)neorigami.com