Thus spake "Origami on behalf of F DAVID"
<origami-boun...@lists.digitalorigami.com on behalf of dsha...@comcast.net> on
6/19/19, 2:15 PM:

    In my reply to David Mitchell’s post, I said that the peacock pictured with
a fanned tail is by Adolfo Cerceda.

    Laura Rosenberg replied:“Yes, that is correct.Year of creation 1975.”

    However, my late father who died in 1970, taught me and my brothers this
model, so I believe the model creation date must be in the 1960’s or ?I don’t
recall us having a diagram for the model, nor do I know whom he learned it
from.Maybe another reader on this list has more information about this great,
classic model.

    David Shall

It was published in Harbin's _Secrets of Origami_. My copy (Octopus) has a
publication date of 1971, but the Oldbourne edition lists a publication date of
1964 on amazon.com.

Robert

P.S. Speaking of Herman Shall, my copy of Honda's _World of Origami_ (picked up
at a used bookstore) is inscribed "To Catherine Ruggles, from Wally Samuelson
and Herman Shall," so a nice bit of folding history attached to it.