________________________________
Dear Mr. Mitchell,

Thank-you for your response to my inquiry on obtaining permissions from Mr.
Sonobe.
I stopped by your Origami Heaven website and am overall, very impressed. I
thought your "Banded" Models are particularly beautiful.

Understanding that you do not have his current contact info, did you ever need
to ask permissions from Mr. Sonobe in the past?

I'm not the copyright police, I am trying to understand about obtaining
permissions and giving credit where credit is due.
I also notice that you mention other folders work on your site. Did you need to
get their permissions for mentioning them on your web page?

I've read all the copyright information from BOS/ Lister's List and understand
about copyrights for things that are - for lack of a better word "artsy" - but
my understanding gets a little hazy with "Intellectual Copyrights".

Being specific, I sort of feel that since I hand drew my illustrations for my
Ninja Dice Game, is it good enough to credit Mr. Sonobe
for being the creator of the unit and cube, or do you think obtaining his
permission is necessary?

As far as my submission is concerned, it could be possible to reference a
website for learning how to make and assemble the cubes and just submit the
rules for the game for the Convention Booklet.The deadline for submissions is
July 30.

Thanks again,
john h

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Need help with confirmation of my work as original
      (David Mitchell)
   2. Re: From whom to obtain permissions for Sonobe Unit and
      (David Mitchell)
   3. Re: Need help with confirmation of my work as original
      (CHRISTINE EDISON)

Message: 1