On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 6:38 PM Laura R <lauraroz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can find instructions for a two-color origami
> platonic octahedron, that is, the upper half should be one color and the
> lower half a different color. It can be made out of two sheets or more
> modules.

Laura,

Are you looking for a seamless bicolor octahedron design? I could not find
one from my collections of Montroll's books. I did come up with my single
piece version. More work is needed  to optimize the design.
As for modular designs, there is a equilateral triangle pocket unit and
connecting tab in Kasahara's Origami Omnibus. For stronger binding units,
you can also try
Uyen Nguyen's  ETFU (equilateral triangle face unit) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksCcbZbX2RE
I did a few attempts to come up with my own version with strong locks. This
is what I have so far: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qPrNxAmYX3xWysA89
Again, it needs some work to optimize the design. I believe some of our
modular folding friends might have other suggestions as well.

Happy folding!

Sy