I wouldn’t say I dislike the technique, as such, but I have an idea why I
have no interest in it. It occurs to me that each unit is directly
analogous to a Lego brick, and in the same way that Lego bricks can be used
to build just about any form that you can imagine, by simply interlocking
them together, exactly the same is true of g.v. modules. That is, although
each module is a folded origami figure, the finished creation (and the
process of assembling it) is more akin to “doing” Lego than “doing”
origami. This is not to denigrate the art of creation in either case, just
a sense that the appeal of g.v. may be closer to that of Lego than of other
branches of origami.

Regards,
Paul

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 21:52, Laura R <lauraroz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don’t like the golden venture technique and their results but I don’t
> know why. Has anyone tried a rationale for this kind of feeling? If it’s a
> feeling, is it a prejudice?
>
> Each unit is an origami, they interlock to create modular shapes… so why
> is that I don’t accept it?
>
> Other modulars have the beauty of geometry created from adding modules. GV
> proponents would say that many kusudamas are just nice decorated balls, and
> the best origami artists put time and thought on making new ones all the
> time, and people don’t object kusudamas as not being true origami models.
>
> So what’s the problem with the GV technique?
>

> Laura

Paul Vincent
Email: prvinc...@gmail.com
Twitter Name: @prvincent