Not to plug anyone, but I also really struggle with CP.  I recently took a
class with Madonna Yoder, she is also on Instagram I think, anyway the way
she teaches tessellations really helped me understand new ways to read
crease pattern. Kind of gives a visceral sense of how those repeated
patterns feel when folded.  For those of us that paper talks to.. Kate