Interesting.
I'm from the deep Midwest. (Nebraska), and most of the very few origami men
I know are about modular, complex dragons etc, and tessellations. The other
woman I know illustrates children's book, does animal origami at cultural
fairs, and the public schools teach the crane to both genders equally.
Kate