Hi All...

I'm using Orion 1.3.8 and EJB 2.0 for CMP.

I have written a fairley simple stateless session bean that's job is to
just create a particular entity bean and populate it. This session bean is
called from a servlet.

When the session bean calls create on the home interface object of the
entity bean it wants to create, the create method seems to execute properly
and returns null. This seems true reguardless of which of two create()
methods I call.

After the create() method returns but before the next line of code is
executed, Orion throws the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
CrHome_EntityHomeWrapper7.hashCode(CrHome_EntityHomeWrapper7.java:127
)
        at com.evermind.util.ExternalHashSet.get(JAX)
        at
CrHome_EntityHomeWrapper7.create(CrHome_EntityHomeWrapper7.java:335)
        at com.regtek.slsb.CreateNewCRBean.makeNew(CreateNewCRBean.java:41)
        at
CreateNewCR_StatelessSessionBeanWrapper2.makeNew(CreateNewCR_Stateles
sSessionBeanWrapper2.java:54)
        at com.regtek.protocol_servlets.MakeCR.doPost(MakeCR.java:92)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.si(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.forward(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.sp(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.so(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

Of course, I have a pile of code and descriptors, but didn't want to post
all that. If it is necessary, I will do so.

If someone could give me an idea of how to solve this I would appreciate
it. I went through the archives and saw one other posting from Sep 22 from
someone who was having this exact problem, but I could find no reply.

Thanks very much.

Jim