Aaron Scott-Boddendijk wrote:

> [...]
It depends a lot on where your DNS is located. If it's on an NT machine
I haven't got the foggiest on how to do this. If it's on a unix based
system, you should edit the proper zone file and add a line like:
dev     IN      A       the.ip.to.use
and restart the DNS.

Then you should follow the steps in the application-how-to.html that
comes with the orion docs. This basically means:
1 - Create the apllication directory structure
orion/applications/dev-app
2 - Create a your-dev-web-site.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-site PUBLIC "Orion Web-site"
"http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/web-site.dtd">

<web-site host="[ALL]" port="80" display-name="dev"
virtual-hosts="dev.intaz.co.nz">
        <default-web-app application="dev" name="dev-web" shared="true"
root="/dev-app" />
        <access-log path="../log/dev-web-access.log" />
</web-site>
3 - Add this to default-web-site.xml
        <web-app application="dev" name="dev-web" root="/dev-app" />
4 - Add these two lines to server.xml:
        <application name="dev" path="../applications/dev-app/"
auto-start="true" />
        <web-site path="./your-dev-web-site.xml" />

That should put your dev-app online. Be sure to add the las two lines to
server.xml last so Orion can auto deploy without having to restart.

Sven
Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]