Title: RE: Kawa
Have you tried Visual SlickEdit?  I haven't used the Unix/Linux version, but I am guessing that they are all the same.  It is by far my favorite editor.  It has all of the features you mentioned except multi-tab, it uses a buffer system instead.  I like it because I can do my java, jsp, html, c/c++, javascript,  & many more all in one environment.  You can download a trial version from their website.  http://www.slickedit.com

jason

What is anyone using on Linux for Java development? I would like to use ANT and a Java based text editor (syntax color hightlighting, multi-tab windows for quick access, and tree-view of project (or file structure). Infact, I use UltraEdit32 right now which does the job for me since I do server-side for web development. I would also possibly like an output window that displays errors so I can dbl-click on them and move to the file/line of the problem, as well as a method list when a class is selected, to jump to a specific method in a class.