From: John Hogan
To: Orion-Interest
Sent: 2/10/01 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: RE: Orion Server compared to Oracle AS

Hello Randy,

I'm especially interested in Oracle's ejb
deployment.  Their documentation (vague) seems to
suggest that the ejb's are actually deployed to
the jvm that runs inside Oracle's db server.
This seems to defeat one of the primary benefits
of ejb (n tiered scalability).  Also, it would
seemingly raise your db license fees if you have
to beef up your db machine to handle this extra
function.  Have you got into this issue yet?
Thank you.

John Hogan