OAS only supports Session Beans (Stateless and Stateful)
OAS has reached it's end of life. It's no longer a product. It has been
superceeded by IAS.
IAS only supports Session Beans (Stateless and Stateful). *AS functionality
is replicated by the DB engine (arghhh)
If you have a Oracle *i db (8.1.5 and above), you have app server
capabilities;
Oracle 9i supports entity beans (they may solely run in the db)

So, oracle's solution looks like this nowadays

Apache <-------> IAS (BL only) <-------> Oracle 9i (DB, Entities)

How all of this works together is still very obscure even inside Oracle.
The entity facility inside the DB, on the other hand, is very nice. It
should surpass any isolation/locking
problems by making the db the bottle neck (as usual). Still, it would
require some fooling around to see if it
really works.

JP