>From what I have seen, each app server is free to define its own specific method for
>partitioning
functionality and is not hard wired into the spec. Orion, Weblogic, EA Server, for
instance, each
have their own protocol for intra/inter server communication. Jason has done an
excellent job in
describing how Orion operates (and Jason, you also cleared up an issue I was having
yesterday too
- thanks!). I am not always as careful as I should be when I read specs - Alex, is
there a section
of the specs that says that you should be able to accomplish what you want to do from
the approach
that you tried? Architecturally, it seems you have an orion server that is acting as a
web
container and an orion server that is acting as an EJB container and that you want to
use Orion's
protocols to have those two servers communicate appropriately.

Cheers
Ray