guys,

as someone who has been dealing with theses issues for over 1 1/2 years of
using orion (1 year in production for a number of applications) I would
just advise you to save your breath and make your decision based on what's
there now. several people (including myself) have made pleas like you a
number of times and not much has changed but I (or better we) have decided
that orion has reached a level of maturity that is ok for us and that it is
an unbeatable deal for certain requirements if you can live the risks that
are certainly there. we now know, which features are reliable and we stick
to using those only. there are probably a number of major bugs still
waiting to be discovered which might cause serious problems in your
projects without any guarantee when they will be fixed. my advice is, set
up your system, test extensively and then decide whether to buy or not (if
you can afford that approach, of course). if you cannot live without that
extra bit of security, you'll have to spend a heck of a lot more money for
similar features. it's a trade-off but don't bet on anything happening at
ironflare that hasn't happened yet.

best regards,

robert

At 22:48 05.04.2001 , you wrote:
>I'd confirm the concerns listed below. We are considering migrating from
>Tomcat + JOnAS to Orion - however we have concerns with the lack of feedback
>or site updates this year, and are not prepared to purchase and deploy a
>product without at least some indication that it will receive ongoing
>support (ie up-to-date website, product updates, support, mailing list
>postings, further compliance with EJB 2.0). That being said, we are very
>impressed with the product and activity on this mailing list.
>
>Regards,
>
>Liam.

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de