I'm trying to do a login check from within a tag. Checking the session for a userid and then checking the required permits to that page.

If it is a match my doEndTag returns EVAL_PAGE, if required permission is missing, SKIP_PAGE is returned.

This works, ie the user gets a blank page when not sufficient rights is assoc with the user for that page. But I'd like to throw a NoAccessException instead and let Orion handle that one with an errorpage.

Tag newbie as I am, I cannot figure out how to throw that exception from the tag and still be a correct tag.  Just complains about not being compatible with doEndTag() (TagSupport)

Is there a way to get around this?

Johan