Johan,

Guess you could throw the exception using a scripting element in the page.

<%
        if (yourBean.isNotAccessible()) {
                throw new NoAccessException("....");
        }
%>

FE

On Friday, April 20, 2001 4:23 PM, Johan Fredriksson
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I'm trying to do a login check from within a tag. Checking the session
for a userid and then checking the required permits to that page.

> If it is a match my doEndTag returns EVAL_PAGE, if required permission is
missing, SKIP_PAGE is returned.

> This works, ie the user gets a blank page when not sufficient rights is
assoc with the user for that page. But I'd like to throw a
NoAccessException instead and let Orion handle that one with an errorpage.

> Tag newbie as I am, I cannot figure out how to throw that exception from
the tag and still be a correct tag.  Just complains about not being
compatible with doEndTag() (TagSupport)